Want to wow your mum on mothers days?
Tomorrow we celebrate our mums and everything they have done and still do for us, if you’re still lucky enough to have yours with you. My mum is back in Australia and although I can’t spend the day with her I will spend the day being grateful for all that she has done and still does for me.
I wanted to share with you today, in time for mothers day tomorrow a beautiful recipe that i guarantee any mum will love! It is sugar-free, nut-free, gluten-free so don’t worry about allergies I have those covered. It is super simple and absolutely delicious. I would eat this everyday for breakfast if I could.
So get to the shops (you may already have all the ingredients in the cupboard anyway) and whip your mum these up tomorrow morning for an unforgettable breakfast in bed… because she deserves it.
IN2U MUMS PANCAKES
1 tbsp gluten free oats
1 tbsp rice flour (alternatively use half the amount of coconut flour)
1 tsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp gluten free baking powder (available from health food stores)
1 tbsp coconut oil (for the pan only)
1. Whiz all ingredients together (except coconut oil) in a blender or food processor until smooth. if you don’t have either just beat and mash until you get a smooth consistency.
2. Heat a pan on the stove preferably non-stick and add 1 tbsp coconut oil to heat to medium.
3. Pour batter in the pan just larger than a cup coaster size, don’t try and make too large as they will be difficult to flip.
4. Once air bubbles start to form and the edges firm you can flip to cook for around 1-2 minutes on the other side. Don’t walk away and leave them they don’t take long to cook at all.
5. Continue to cook and stack your pancakes on a plate.
6. Once done top your pancakes with your favourite ingredients. Picture I used a spoon full of natural yoghurt (not dairy free but can use coconut yoghurt instead), sliced dragon fruit and drizzled honey. All topped with homemade granola. You can use any ingredients to put on your pancakes some favourite include berries, honey and granola get creative and top with mums favourite fruits.
7. Serve to mum warm in bed with her favourite tea and some flowers picked from the garden. She will love love love this start to her morning.
Comment below and let us know how your mothers day cook up goes! I will also offer free health and lifestyle coaching advice in response to any of your questions, to get you started to a healthier, happier you. If this post helped you please share with friends and family.
Be sure to sign up for FREE to become part of the IN2U crew and receive FREE updates with information, recipes and guidance to help you be the absolute best version of YOU. Together lets get back IN2U! xx