Sick of spending all your money of expensive products with no results?
Did you know that the toxins from the products we use end up on our arse! Yes that’s right… ever wondered why you have cellulite that you never used to?
Let me tell you a little secret… cellulite is NOT FAT. Cellulite is toxins caught in-between your fat cells and skin, and is a build up from the chemicals in your skin-care. If that’s not a good enough reason to switch to using natural products let me tell you some other truths:
- Our skin is our largest organ and needs nourishing to stay healthy and happy.
- Our skin absorbs all the chemicals and toxins which then go into our bloodstream.
- Natural, organic skin-care ensures less redness, dryness and irritation.
- If you wouldn’t eat it, you shouldn’t put it on your skin. Simple.
- Unnatural products can cause acne.
- Natural products will last longer and be more cost effective.
So what natural skincare products do we recommend?
Check out our top six choices for amazingly, beautiful, healthy skin:
- ROSEHIP OIL – Is packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids that assist the skins natural repair and renew mechanism, amazing for scars and used as an eye oil dabbed lightly around the eye area as well as used for an all over night serum to help replenish and restore skin. You will notice a vast difference in just a matter of days.
- COCONUT OIL – The benefits and uses for this stuff is endless. I use it to cook, to eat, in lemon water to drink, as a hair treatment as well as an all over body moisturiser. Oh and did I mention that I also throw it in a warm bath along with some essential oils as a relaxing, moisturising all over body treatment. Use it to remove make-up as well as wash your face. This oil offers natural anti-fungal properties as well as natural sun protection. Coconut oil ensures your skins moisture is locked in.
- JOJOBA OIL – My personal favourite as it is light enough for me to wear as a daily moisturiser morning and night. I used to suffer from bad skin until I switched all my products to natural oil based products. Crazy i know because you relate breakouts to being an over production of oil which they are but often because the products you are using are stripping your skin of its natural oils and throwing out the natural balance and cycle of your own skins repair and renew system. Jojoba oil closely resembles your natural skin sebum and is packed with vitamins, minerals and essential oils needed to create beautifully smooth skin.
- WATER – Although not a face product or topical treatment apart from when cleansing, water is probably the most critical essential nutrient required for clear, supple skin. Ensuring you drink enough water to stay hydrated is critical in ensuring you have healthy, happy skin. How much water are you drinking per day? You should be drinking at least 36ml for every kg you weigh. I guarantee that is more than your currently drinking per day. Hang up the sugary drinks, caffeine or even teas until you know you are reaching your required water intake daily. The difference this alone will make to your skin can be phenomenal.
- LAVENDER OIL – This essential oil is an amazing one to have on hand. As a great stress reliever, it acts as a calming scent that can be added to your body oils, bath oils, pillow at night, your skin for an amazing natural perfume. Lavender has the ability to relieve tension, relieve pain and act as a natural disinfectant when added to shampoos or conditioners as well as body oils.
- TEA TREE OIL – This essential oil can be used as a topical antiseptic. Cuts, breakouts, burns, bites or stings this little miracle oil acts as an anti-microbial and natural anti-fungal. If I experience breakouts I add a drop to my jojoba face oil in the morning and night to help relieve my skin and keep it clean. Add it to your coconut oil as a body lotion or put a few drops in your bath.
Choosing what’s right for your skin is trial and error, skin-test using small amounts of oils and natural remedies to ensure you don’t react to any first. Then trial each for a 2 week period to see if you notice a difference in your skins texture and appearance. I promise once you switch from using chemical filled products that cost the earth to natural products that benefit both your skin and the planet you will be glowing with confidence. Oh and did i mention using these has been the best anti-ageing tool I have discovered yet…as a surfer and someone who spends loads of time in the sun I really can say with confidence switching to natural oils has made a huge difference in reducing the damage the sun does to my skin.
Comment below and list your favourite natural skin remedies and products you use! Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive FREE health tips, tricks and recipes as well as VIP discounts to our upcoming retreats and online transformation programs.